May 18, 2010

Project 1: Floating Windows - Concept 1

Idea 001: Floating Windows
Date Conceived: 18/05/10

Okay!
So I've done one concept image. Here it is:

I faced a few issues here: It's difficult to determine how the plane should look, and working on 2 dimensions to make 3 dimensions can be troublesome. I managed to get the windows XP screenshot (left) and the image (far right) to fit relatively well, however the Ubuntu screenshot (right) looks a bit off. The frames were also rather easy to place. I added some Outer Glow to make the images look less edgy.

Anyway, for now it's looking okay. So far so good. I'm thinking I should try using Vanishing Points.

As for when I come to After Effects, I'm assuming that I should try re-create a 3D world around myself and try to simulate the camera movement, however I'm not very good with judging distances, but I'll see what I can do!

No comments :

Post a Comment