Nov 22, 2010

Project Green Screen

At some stage in video editing, you'll want a green screen. Then, a time will come when masking and rotoscoping isn't as fun anymore, so you'll NEED a green screen.


So, to that effect, I've decided that I'm going to build myself a green screen. Here's basically what I'll need for my first greenscreen:

1. Portable! Perhaps this is the most important thing. I want something I can easily take anywhere to use. Of course this will still double as something I can use in doors.

2. Bright and luminous material. Perhaps open to debate, the brighter and closer-to-green the screen is, the easier it will be to key in After FX!

Not too much to ask for. Perhaps the biggest issue will be portability. I'm not much of a DIY builder so that'll take some research. I was thinking cardboard, but I have no clue where I'm going to get that as easily as I expect.
Anyway, the research and hunting begins. Stay tuned for updates.

No comments :

Post a Comment