May 15, 2011

Match Moving + MoDynamics = Awesome!

Hey guys!
So lately I've been learning Cinema 4D! I'm amazed by all the different things that C4D can do, especially MoDynamics and the very fun-to-use MoGraphs.
So, at some point, I thought: Why not use match-moving and Cinema to create an interesting MoDynamics animation.
The idea was born, now it was time to pull it off. And here it is!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBjnBTPyU0o

Wow, I'm so proud.
The original footage was shot at 1440 x 1080 but later shrunk to 960 x 720 which REALLY helped with tracking. I got a hpix of 0.5! Coming from the 0.87 that I had for Holographic 4
I faced a few problems along the way, but also learnt a lot concerning match-moving and compositing.

Softs:
-SynthEyes for Match Move aka 3D Track
-C4D for 3D Objects
-After Effects for Color Correction and Masking

Some screenshots: (click to view larger)

(floors colored blue for illustration)



Also, the beginning logo for the video uses Interfere, my RGB-spilt+distort animation preset ;-)
It took 3 hours to render this short clip on my laptop of:
AMD Turion64 x2 @ 2.2GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400M GS (256MB).
Nothing really to show off about, and yes it did come pretty close to overheating!


What do you think? Drop a comment below, or like and comment on the Facebook page

No comments :

Post a Comment