Jul 20, 2011

Test - Magic Circles

Hey peoples!
So we're in the middle of work on a relatively big project. As my part as the VFX artist, I'm working on some concepts for magic circles. They're like elements that appear whenever someone does something with magic. It happens in a few games but mostly in anime like Full Metal Alchemist, Fairy Tail and even Naruto (Summoning and Neji's 64 trigams technique):

Full Metal Alchemist
Fairy Tail
Naruto
I love the one on Full Metal Alchemist. It looks very math-oriented (if that makes sense), while Fairy Tail's is complex and symmetrical, and Neji's is very simple but still looks pretty cool!

I decided to go with the FMA look. Here's my first attempt:


Before I get into animating it (just spinning around subtly) I thought I'd get some opinions on it! I'm also working on other concepts that I'll share a bit later.

What do you think? Do you also have some designs of your own? Or advice to give?
Drop a comment below, or like and comment on the Facebook page, there's also a Twitter @i2cblog

No comments :

Post a Comment