{test_reel} Teleport

Hello everyone!
So I have a new video here, but before we watch, I'd like to say that we've gotten some great applications from great people, and we're still sifting through people's work so we'll have the news out soon.
In the mean time, I'm still working with silent footage :-S

Sad stuff!

Anyway, check it out here:



I'd also like to introduce you all to INTERFERE! An upcoming preset for my Presets Pack. It was used to create the offset and RGB-split effect for the intro logos.

INTERFERE will be available soon, if you'd like to beta test (or even use in its current state), drop a comment below! Here's another example:



Also, I learnt quite a bit while creating this video:

  • Hold keyframes can create a great twitchy effect.
  • CHOP DOWN LAYERS! I had this problem when I came back to it a day later and realizing I needed to change something, as well as when I revisited one of my first test videos, all the layers spanned from the beginning to the end. Use alt+[ and alt+] to chop down layers to the current time, or use [ and ] to reposition their start points. Also, nifty shortcut, I and O will take you to the IN and OUT points of the selected layer respectively.
{The worst part is, each layer in the project above is only visible for a few seconds/frames.
[the chopped ones are actually footage]}

CLICK TO ENLARGE: {over 50 layers!! Managing wasn't so difficult, but imagine if they all spanned full time as above!}

  • TIP OF THE DAY saves lives! That pop-up everytime you open AE, read that ish. That's how I learnt the above point.
  • CAMERA TURN! It screwed me over once again, it did the same for the Deathmatch video. if you turn a camera, the edges tend to be distorted and so you need to do some distortion to fix it. I'll explain this in an upcoming tut video!
Please drop any questions/sugggestion in the comment section below, or on the video on Youtube!

Thanks for stopping by!
davdalx